Support Coordinators assist people in the development of his or her personalized support plan in the areas of home, work and community to attain his or her desired dreams and goals. The development of the personalized plans are driven by individualized choice and natural support networks. Once the personalized plan is developed, the Support Coordinator works together with the person to ensure the supports and services identified within the plan are carried out. Revisions to the personalized plan are done in accordance to the person’s desires. ADVANCE Support Coordinators are committed to obtaining and implementing best practices, state of the art principles and technologies that may enhance services. Support Coordination embraces the 21 Outcomes as prescribed by the Council on Quality and Leadership:
- People are connected to natural support networks.
- People have intimate relationships.
- People are safe.
- People have the best possible health.
- People exercise rights.
- People are treated fairly.
- People are free from abuse and neglect.
- People experience continuity and security.
- People decide when to share personal information.
- People are respected.
- People choose where and with whom to live.
- People choose where to work.
- People use their environments.
- People live in integrated environments.
- People interact with other members of the community.
- People perform different social roles.
- People choose services.
- People participate in the life of the community.
- People have friends.
- People choose personal goals.
- People realized personal goals.